Halo 4's Crimson Map Pack, the game's first set of downloadable maps, became available for purchase on Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points ($10) this morning — but owners of the War Games Map Pass are having trouble downloading the DLC.
Microsoft is aware of the issue, according to the Xbox Live service status page, which notes, "Halo 4 season pass holders will have difficulty accessing their download of the Crimson Map Pack." An update posted at 10:03 a.m. ET said, "We are already hard at work looking for a fix," and advised affected users to check back within half an hour.
The most recent update, which was posted at 10:28 a.m. ET, provided no further details, saying, "We're working hard to get you into action in the new lands! Thanks for being patient. We'll post another update in 30 minutes."
The War Games Map Pass costs 2,000 Microsoft Points ($25) on its own, and is included in copies of the $99.99 Limited Edition of Halo 4. It provides access to three map packs for War Games, Halo 4's competitive multiplayer mode: Crimson (out today), Majestic (February) and Castle (April).
We've reached out to Microsoft for more details and will update this article with any information we receive.
Update: A Microsoft representative sent the following statement to Polygon: "We are aware of a situation in which Halo 4 Season Pass and Limited Edition owners are not being recognized to download the Crimson Map Pack at no additional cost. We are working on the situation now and will have more to share shortly."
Update 2: According to a tweet sent by Microsoft's Major Nelson at 4:32 p.m. ET, War Games Map Pass owners "should now see the Crimson Map Pack available for download in game at no cost." He added, "[Thanks] for your patience." However, the most recent update on the Xbox Live service status page was posted at 4:35 p.m. ET, and it says Map Pass owners may still be experiencing issues downloading the map pack. We'll keep you posted.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- Watch The Last of Us: One Night Live right now
- NIS America allegedly backtracks out of GaymerX sponsorship
- How to unlock Thanatophobia, the almost impossible trophy, in Rogue Legacy
- Shadow Warrior takes Hotline Miami references to Europe in this exclusive content on Sept. 26
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today