A website for Theatrhythm teases that something is "coming soon" for Square Enix's rhythm game franchise.
The website shows a simple animation for a rhythm game. Underneath, it says "Coming Soon." Square Enix regularly ports games to iOS and Android platforms, so the teaser website could point an impending announcement to bring Theatrhythm Final Fantasy or a new game to smartphones and tablets. Earlier this year, a website for The World Ends With You paved the way for the game's iOS port. We've reached out to Square Enix and will update the article as more information becomes available.
Released earlier this year for Nintendo 3DS, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy used songs from the role-playing game series' extensive catalog to propel its rhythm action. Be sure to check out our review, which called it "one of the smartest games Square has released in the FF line in some time."
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Find out which experimental games excite Korean devs