Tripwire Interactive is bringing the holiday spirit to its wave-based survival game Killing Floor with release of the Twisted Christmas 3: Evil Santa's Moonbase event, scheduled to run from today until Jan. 3.
The latest event includes a new Moonbase map, two weapons — one of which must be pieced together as part of an in-game scavenger hunt —, achievements and an unlockable Baddest Santa playable character. In addition, a Dwarfish axe can be freed from a chunk of moonrock by earning 40,000 gold in the free-to-play or paid version of Dwarfs!?, an arcade-styled title from Tripwire.
A new robotic character called D.A.R. is also available to assist in-game, as well as a new weapon back for purchase featuring gold-plating for the AK, combat shotgun, katana and M79.
Killing Floor first launched to PC in 2009, with a version developed for Mac in 2010. It is available via Steam.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- How Call of Duty: Ghosts' new Chaos Mode perks will level the playing field
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?