SimCity will let players control multiple neighboring towns, specializing each to fit their needs and transferring resources between them at will, as seen in the game's latest trailer, posted above.
In the video's example, the player has a very lucrative casino-centric burg, which demands more power than the city can provide. The player doesn't want to burden the metropolis with pollution-producing coal power plants; instead, they open a neighboring city, build some power sources, and share money and energy between the two. An online friend asks to join the player's region, and assumes control of the latter town seamlessly, providing even more help to the area's main capital.
SimCity launches on PC and Mac March 5, 2013.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- A game inspired by psone graphics
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Destiny Beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Xbox One Spare Beta Code