SimCity will let players control multiple neighboring towns, specializing each to fit their needs and transferring resources between them at will, as seen in the game's latest trailer, posted above.
In the video's example, the player has a very lucrative casino-centric burg, which demands more power than the city can provide. The player doesn't want to burden the metropolis with pollution-producing coal power plants; instead, they open a neighboring city, build some power sources, and share money and energy between the two. An online friend asks to join the player's region, and assumes control of the latter town seamlessly, providing even more help to the area's main capital.
SimCity launches on PC and Mac March 5, 2013.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?