Halo 4's lead designer, Kixeye's CEO and IO Interactive's technical producer will be giving talks at next year's Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, GDC organizers announced today.
343 Industries' Scott Warner will be giving a talk titled The Design of New Enemies of Halo 4 where he dissects the development of the game's Promethean enemies and talks about what it was like to work on such a well-known series after Bungie.
Will Harbin, the CEO of social game developer Kixeye, will give a talk titled Death to Downloads where he champions browser-based games and speaks of Kixeye's success in the field.
IO Interactive's technical producer Michael Buttner's talk, Reinforcing Learning Based Character Locomotion in Hitman: Absolution, will touch on topics like animation and gameplay programming as well as "how to arrange and select motion fragments to create a stream of motions that will achieve the desired goals that were set out by passed in high-level inputs."
GDC San Francisco will take place from March 25-29, 2013. Registration for the event is now open.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes