Square Enix revealed that is it working on a browser-based multiplayer online game today called Star Galaxy after hiding it behind a placeholder website with a countdown timer for more than a week.
The website (in Japanese) describes Star Galaxy as a "multiplayer online simulation in which players fight large-scale battles", raise their own troops and defend their own planet. It boasts "great characters and a dramatic story."
The game runs on Flash 11 and has been tested on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. It has also been tested in Firefox 15, Internet Explorer 8 and Chrome.
The game is currently accepting registrations for its closed beta. Registrations close on Dec. 18, 2013. The game appears to only be available to Japanese players at this point as there is no English version of the website.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free