Square Enix revealed that is it working on a browser-based multiplayer online game today called Star Galaxy after hiding it behind a placeholder website with a countdown timer for more than a week.
The website (in Japanese) describes Star Galaxy as a "multiplayer online simulation in which players fight large-scale battles", raise their own troops and defend their own planet. It boasts "great characters and a dramatic story."
The game runs on Flash 11 and has been tested on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. It has also been tested in Firefox 15, Internet Explorer 8 and Chrome.
The game is currently accepting registrations for its closed beta. Registrations close on Dec. 18, 2013. The game appears to only be available to Japanese players at this point as there is no English version of the website.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?
- The Dreamcast was the beginning, and the end, of the golden age of peripherals
- Project Cars trailer touts photorealism and reveals a November release