Square Enix revealed that is it working on a browser-based multiplayer online game today called Star Galaxy after hiding it behind a placeholder website with a countdown timer for more than a week.
The website (in Japanese) describes Star Galaxy as a "multiplayer online simulation in which players fight large-scale battles", raise their own troops and defend their own planet. It boasts "great characters and a dramatic story."
The game runs on Flash 11 and has been tested on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. It has also been tested in Firefox 15, Internet Explorer 8 and Chrome.
The game is currently accepting registrations for its closed beta. Registrations close on Dec. 18, 2013. The game appears to only be available to Japanese players at this point as there is no English version of the website.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business