Borderlands 2 developer Gearbox Software released a patch for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game today with numerous bug fixes and a remedy for players who were stripped of Badass Tokens, although it's unclear if the studio has completely resolved that issue.
Borderlands 2 will now be able to analyze save games and detect Badass Rank that was lost because of a glitch, a problem that players first reported in late September shortly after the game's release. "To ensure you are credited for as much progress as possible, please load your character, select 'Continue' on the Main Menu, and then 'Save and Quit' after you enter the world," said Gearbox. Repeating the process for all characters will award players with as many Badass Tokens as possible.
According to the patch notes, Gearbox "modified profile behavior to better protect Badass Rank and related data." We're hoping that means the patch significantly reduces the occurrence of the glitch, if it doesn't completely eradicate it.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy