The Oculus Rift virtual reality headset has a new supporter in developer Sinful Robot, an Irvine, California-based start up that plans to bring "immersive virtual reality erotic encounters" to the headset designed with video games in mind.
Sinful Robot announced its intentions to bring an "erotic adventure game" to the Rift — and "other similar technologies" — through its website and a post on Reddit by company co-founder and creative director Jeroen Van den Bosch.
"I have been waiting for many years for technology to become immersive enough so it [tricks] your brain to accept the virtual reality as reality, but the Rift does really do that," Van den Bosch wrote on Reddit. "So now we can finally make an erotic adventure game that will actually be exciting!"
Sinful Robot's website lists openings for artists, programmers and character animators. Van den Bosch says prospective employees shouldn't be afraid of "working with spicy content."
The Oculus Rift VR headset was funded through a Kickstarter campaign that brought in more than $2.4 million from contributors. The company behind the Rift originally planned to begin shipping dev kit hardware in December, but recently delayed shipment to next year. Oculus Rift dev kits are now expected to arrive in April 2013. The company has not announced a ship date for a consumer version of the VR headset.
Since its announcement, the Oculus Rift has attracted support from video games like Hawken and Doom 3 BFG Edition.
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Getting a PS4
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign