The Oculus Rift virtual reality headset has a new supporter in developer Sinful Robot, an Irvine, California-based start up that plans to bring "immersive virtual reality erotic encounters" to the headset designed with video games in mind.
Sinful Robot announced its intentions to bring an "erotic adventure game" to the Rift — and "other similar technologies" — through its website and a post on Reddit by company co-founder and creative director Jeroen Van den Bosch.
"I have been waiting for many years for technology to become immersive enough so it [tricks] your brain to accept the virtual reality as reality, but the Rift does really do that," Van den Bosch wrote on Reddit. "So now we can finally make an erotic adventure game that will actually be exciting!"
Sinful Robot's website lists openings for artists, programmers and character animators. Van den Bosch says prospective employees shouldn't be afraid of "working with spicy content."
The Oculus Rift VR headset was funded through a Kickstarter campaign that brought in more than $2.4 million from contributors. The company behind the Rift originally planned to begin shipping dev kit hardware in December, but recently delayed shipment to next year. Oculus Rift dev kits are now expected to arrive in April 2013. The company has not announced a ship date for a consumer version of the VR headset.
Since its announcement, the Oculus Rift has attracted support from video games like Hawken and Doom 3 BFG Edition.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Endless Legend seeks the perfect imbalance to keep players exploring and exterminating
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Bungie pays up $95K to the composer behind Halo
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Destiny Beta
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Thoughts on Destiny