Jordan Mechner's Karateka remake, as well as new downloadable content for United Front Games' Sleeping Dogs and id Software's Rage, will launch on PlayStation Network next Tuesday, Dec. 18, according to the most recent episode of Sony's PlayStation Blogcast.
The Karateka remake, which Mechner developed with a small team at Liquid Entertainment, launched in November on Xbox Live Arcade for 800 Microsoft Points ($10) and earlier this month on Steam for $9.99.
Sleeping Dogs will get its second campaign add-on, the Zodiac Tournament Pack, which publisher Square Enix announced in mid-November. The DLC pack adds a new island to the game's Hong Kong setting, the site of an exclusive invitation-only tournament in which combatants fight to the death. The Zodiac Tournament will feature a variety of themed fighting arenas, new enemies, bosses and story cutscenes. The game's previous campaign DLC was the Halloween-themed Nightmare in North Point add-on.
The Rage add-on in question, The Scorchers, was leaked via a PEGI rating in June, but publisher Bethesda Softworks declined comment at the time and neither it nor developer id Software has said anything about it since.
We've reached out to Square Enix and Bethesda for details, and will update this article with any information we receive.
Update: Bethesda has officially announced The Scorchers. It will be available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC for $5 on Tuesday, Dec. 18.
- How indie devs are finding success, and publicity, in toys and merch
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- Want to know how many times you died in Dark Souls?
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- When a successful game is a failure
- Check out Nintendo's new Kyoto office with an old-school logo
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Namco High studio ShiftyLook is shutting its doors
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- The next game from Crimson Dragon studio is Project Life for Oculus Rift