In the recently-released first episode of Crytek's The 7 Wonders of Crysis 3, series protagonist Prophet returns to an overgrown New York City.
Directed by Albert Hughes (Menace 2 Society, From Hell), this is the first in a series of episodes scheduled to air in the run up to Crysis 3's release next year. Set after the series' omnipresent alien catastrophes, the first episode, "Hell of a Town," sees Prophet exploring New York City's urban rainforest environment. Brooks is producing the series, which Crytek created using CryENGINE technology, just like the game it's based on.
Check out the video above to get a feel for what's to come in the series and the game. Crysis 3 is headed for an Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and processor-challenging Windows PC release on Feb. 19, 2013 in North America. It will release in Europe Feb. 21. Be sure to check out our impressions from when we went hands-on with Crysis 3 at a press event earlier this year.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward