Activision CEO Bobby Kotick may not be one of the industry's most loved characters, but it's difficult to deny his success.
A recent profile from The New York Times took a closer look at Kotick's rise to Activision CEO, detailing his humble beginnings as an art history major who dropped out at the behest of Steve Jobs. Kotick and his partners would eventually claim a controlling stake in Mediagenic, the company that would later become Activision, and proceed to acquire development studios with fervor.
In addition to details on Activision and Kotick's accomplishments, the profile also includes Kotick's response to those with a deft hand in Photoshop.
"Think about what it's like for my dating life when the first picture that comes up is me as the Devil," Kotick said.
Check out the full profile here.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us