Konami revealed the North American box art for Metal Gear Rising: Revengance on its Facebook page, which features an image of cyborg Raiden slicing right through an enemy, splitting it in half diagonally through the torso.
The developers, Kojima Productions and Platinum Games, have long emphaiszed the significance of slicing as a core mechanic in the game, telling Polygon earlier this year at GamesCom that they wanted players to be able to cut everything in the game, to the point where early levels of the game were destroyed because players could cut too much.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???