Fewer than 200 Halo 4 players were incorrectly banned from the game yesterday after accessing the Crimson Map Pack, and the problem has since been resolved, according to a Microsoft statement sent to Kotaku.
On Sunday a number of Halo 4 players took to the game's official forums to complain about receiving what seemed to be a permanent ban from the game after they played the Crimson Map Pack. At the time, a Microsoft moderator said that they were investigating the issue. Today, they released the following statement:
There was a situation yesterday (Sunday) in which less than 200 Halo 4 users were being incorrectly banned from accessing certain parts of the game (not banned from Xbox LIVE as a whole), and we have since resolved the issue. All players accounts impacted are working as normal. For more information, please go to the Halo Waypoint forums here.
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The new Unreal Tournament looks incredible, see it in motion
- Girl's Club video review: Just wanna have fun
- Never back a Kickstarter without a programmer (and other tips for not losing your money)
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing