Fewer than 200 Halo 4 players were incorrectly banned from the game yesterday after accessing the Crimson Map Pack, and the problem has since been resolved, according to a Microsoft statement sent to Kotaku.
On Sunday a number of Halo 4 players took to the game's official forums to complain about receiving what seemed to be a permanent ban from the game after they played the Crimson Map Pack. At the time, a Microsoft moderator said that they were investigating the issue. Today, they released the following statement:
There was a situation yesterday (Sunday) in which less than 200 Halo 4 users were being incorrectly banned from accessing certain parts of the game (not banned from Xbox LIVE as a whole), and we have since resolved the issue. All players accounts impacted are working as normal. For more information, please go to the Halo Waypoint forums here.
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- What do Shakespeare and The Last of Us movie have in common?