Star Wars: The Old Republic's first expansion, Rise of the Hutt Cartel, will launch next spring as a digital-only purchase, developer BioWare announced today on the game's official blog.
The add-on will increase the game's level cap to 55, adding five more levels of story-based content to the title for both of the game's warring factions. The new levels will also come with new powers and abilities for each of the game's classes, as well as new gear for players to outfit their characters with. Most of the action will take place on a new planet, Makeb, which Empire and Sith forces are struggling to control; leaving a window for the devious Hutt to make their own power grab.
Folks who are still subscribers to Star Wars: The Old Republic will be able to grab Rise of the Hutt Cartel for $9.99 when it launches next year, while free-to-play players will have to pay $19.99. Anyone who pre-orders the expansion before Jan. 7 will be admitted into the expansion five days before anyone else.
- Want to win the console war? Here's how
- But WHAT CAN BE DONE: dos and don'ts to combat online sexism
- The most progressive game of the summer is the one you're probably not playing
- How to join Nintendo's roving band of Smash Bros. players at Comic-Con
- Why is 2K suddenly so preoccupied with the original BioShock?
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today