Microsoft is jumping into the holiday sale fray with a "Countdown to 2013" sale that will offer daily deals and longer-lasting offers on Xbox 360 and Windows Phone content, Major Nelson announced today.
The sale kicks off with the Games on Demand version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (regularly $59.99) and its four DLC packs (reg. 1200 Microsoft Points each), which are all available at a 50 percent discount. That offer is only valid today, and new one-day-only offers will arrive every day between today and Jan. 1.
Certain Games on Demand and Xbox Live Arcade titles, as well as downloadable add-ons and Avatar items, are discounted for the duration of the sale — from today through Dec. 31. Those deals include a 33 percent price cut on Bully: Scholarship Edition from $14.99 to $9.99; Super Meat Boy for 600 Microsoft Points, 50 percent off; Rock Band 3 for $9.99, a 50 percent cut; and Joe Danger 2: The Movie for 400 Microsoft Points, a 75 percent discount. Check out Major Nelson's post for the full list, and check back each day between now and 2013 for the daily deal.
Windows Phone games are also being discounted during the sale. Contre Jour and Doodle Jump are each available at $1.99, a 30 percent discount.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free