Dark Souls, the devilishly difficult dungeon crawler by From Software, is on sale at Amazon today for $12.99, a 68 percent discount off the regular price of $39.99.
The sale applies only to the original PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game from 2011, not the PC version that was released this past summer or the Prepare to Die Edition that launched in October.
Publisher Namco Bandai, by way of actress Jessica Alba, announced a sequel called Dark Souls 2 at this year's Spike Video Game Awards. Its developers have already said it will be more "straightforward" and "accessible" than its predecessor.
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- If you're still having trouble with Xbox Live, you're not alone