Dark Souls, the devilishly difficult dungeon crawler by From Software, is on sale at Amazon today for $12.99, a 68 percent discount off the regular price of $39.99.
The sale applies only to the original PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game from 2011, not the PC version that was released this past summer or the Prepare to Die Edition that launched in October.
Publisher Namco Bandai, by way of actress Jessica Alba, announced a sequel called Dark Souls 2 at this year's Spike Video Game Awards. Its developers have already said it will be more "straightforward" and "accessible" than its predecessor.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding