Six popular last-generation Rockstar titles may be headed to the PlayStation 3, if new ESRB ratings are anything to go by.
Within the past day, the ESRB published ratings for Bully (2006), Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (2006), Midnight Club (2000), Midnight Club 2 (2003), Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix (2006; game originally launched in 2005) and Red Dead Revolver (2004).
All six titles are listed for PS3; they would likely be made available as PlayStation 2 Classics on the PlayStation Network. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas launched on PSN as a PS2 Classic last week for $14.99, less than two months after being rated for a PS3 release by the ESRB.
We've reached out to Rockstar Games for comment and will update this article with any information we receive.
Update: Three of those games — Red Dead Revolver, Bully and Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition Remix — are now available for PlayStation 3 from the PlayStation Store, according to an update from the PlayStation Blog. The PS2 Classics from Rockstar Games are priced at $9.99 each.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- This is what the sheer intensity of an official Pokemon championship tournament looks like