Naughty Dog is injecting the holiday spirit into Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception multiplayer this week, bringing new gifts to players that include a gift-wrapped head for Nathan Drake and items decorated with the cheerful face of the developer's co-president.
The holiday-themed update, which goes live today Dec. 18 and runs until Jan. 8, will add Present Head Drake, the custom character shirt featuring Naughty Dog's Christophe Balestra and a similarly themed weapon wrapped in candy canes and Balestra face textures. Those items are free to Uncharted 3 players during the holiday event.
Also rolling out is a new Block Mesh Lab map crafted by former Naughty Dog game designer Richard Lemarchand.
In addition to announcing Uncharted 3's holiday-themed goods, the studio says it has "some massive surprises" coming in the new year. "Get ready for some big news and more exciting events in 2013!" Naughty Dog's Eric Monacelli teases in a blog post on the developer's official site.
Naughty Dog and Sony Computer Entertainment recently announced that the developer's next PlayStation 3 game, The Last of Us, will be released on May 7, 2013.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes