Capcom and GameStop are teaming up to produce a special edition of DmC: Devil May Cry, the Son of Sparda Edition, that will be available exclusively at GameStop, EB Games and Micromania stores in Europe and Australia, the retailer announced today.
The announcement confirms a leak from early November (see image below).
DmC's Son of Sparda Edition includes the game itself, Dante's necklace, unique white packaging and the Samurai Pack. That DLC pack is exclusive to all GameStop pre-orders and includes samurai versions of Dante's weapons, as well as upgrade points for players to beef up their weapons at the start of the game.
"This will be the must-have edition of Dante's long-awaited reboot," said Mike Mauler, executive vice president of GameStop international, in a press release announcing the edition. No price for the Son of Sparda edition was included in the announcement.
DmC: Devil May Cry is set for release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on Jan. 15, 2013, with a Windows PC version following on Jan. 25.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Ultima Forever comes to an end months after closure of EA Mythic