"From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam," Valve vice president of marketing Doug Lombardi wrote in a statement to Polygon. "We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchase the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund by creating a ticket at our support site here."
The game has been under fire from a number of purchasers, who claim that it doesn't live up to several of the promises made by the developer prior to launch. Executive producer Sergei Titov responded to those complaints on the game's forums, stating, "This is not a boxed product that you buy one time. It's evolving product that will have more and more features and content coming it. This is what The War Z is."
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League