The third entry in the Final Fantasy 13 saga, Lightning Returns, introduces new gameplay mechanics and a new look for the game's heroine, changes prominently featured in the game's first gameplay trailer released by Square Enix.
The debut gameplay trailer showcases Lightning's new freedom of movement, which allows her to jump, hang off ledges, duck and hide behind cover, features promised when Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 was announced this summer. We also get a peek at Lightning's new look, which is said to be highly customizable, and the world of Novus Partus, the mechanical, gothic and fantasy stylized world.
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 is slated to hit the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2013.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites