The third entry in the Final Fantasy 13 saga, Lightning Returns, introduces new gameplay mechanics and a new look for the game's heroine, changes prominently featured in the game's first gameplay trailer released by Square Enix.
The debut gameplay trailer showcases Lightning's new freedom of movement, which allows her to jump, hang off ledges, duck and hide behind cover, features promised when Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 was announced this summer. We also get a peek at Lightning's new look, which is said to be highly customizable, and the world of Novus Partus, the mechanical, gothic and fantasy stylized world.
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 is slated to hit the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2013.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Nipah builds a PC
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design