The third entry in the Final Fantasy 13 saga, Lightning Returns, introduces new gameplay mechanics and a new look for the game's heroine, changes prominently featured in the game's first gameplay trailer released by Square Enix.
The debut gameplay trailer showcases Lightning's new freedom of movement, which allows her to jump, hang off ledges, duck and hide behind cover, features promised when Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 was announced this summer. We also get a peek at Lightning's new look, which is said to be highly customizable, and the world of Novus Partus, the mechanical, gothic and fantasy stylized world.
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 is slated to hit the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2013.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- The Last of US DLC