Sega announced a new annual tournament today called the Sega Cup: Virtua Fighter Tournament, which will make its debut in 2013 in Southern California.
The event is open to everyone and will take place on April 20, 2013 at the Super Arcade in Walnut, California. The tournament is a collaboration between Sega and LevelUp and invites all Virtua Fighter players to compete for cash, prizes and bragging rights.
The tournament will focus on Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, which was launched in 2012 for the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. The PS3 version of the game will be used in the competition and those who place in the top 16 spots will win cash prizes.
Details on registration are yet to be released, but players can begin training with the official Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Guide iOS app released today ($0.99), which contains a strategy guide and moves lists. More details are available at LevelUp.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- First Tekken 7 details revealed at Comic-Con