Sega announced a new annual tournament today called the Sega Cup: Virtua Fighter Tournament, which will make its debut in 2013 in Southern California.
The event is open to everyone and will take place on April 20, 2013 at the Super Arcade in Walnut, California. The tournament is a collaboration between Sega and LevelUp and invites all Virtua Fighter players to compete for cash, prizes and bragging rights.
The tournament will focus on Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, which was launched in 2012 for the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. The PS3 version of the game will be used in the competition and those who place in the top 16 spots will win cash prizes.
Details on registration are yet to be released, but players can begin training with the official Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Guide iOS app released today ($0.99), which contains a strategy guide and moves lists. More details are available at LevelUp.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Child of Light's creators discuss the birth of Aurora and her fairytale journey