Bomb Buddies, Super Monday Night Combat and Smashmuck Champions, all of which are multiplayer titles, are the first three to hit the service. Super Monday Night Combat is a strategy shooter title, while Smashmuck Champions features arena combat. Bomb Buddies is a Bomberman-style, action-based strategy game with more than 140 levels and eight game modes.
All three titles can be downloaded directly, although users must have a Kongregate account to run them. More games are expected to join the service in the coming weeks.
Speaking about the downloadable additions, CEO and co-founder of Kongregate Jim Greer said that gamers "are looking for increasingly sophisticated games."
"Adding downloadable titles brings a new level of gaming to hardcore players looking for high-definition graphics with more options and content to select from," Greer said.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell