Bomb Buddies, Super Monday Night Combat and Smashmuck Champions, all of which are multiplayer titles, are the first three to hit the service. Super Monday Night Combat is a strategy shooter title, while Smashmuck Champions features arena combat. Bomb Buddies is a Bomberman-style, action-based strategy game with more than 140 levels and eight game modes.
All three titles can be downloaded directly, although users must have a Kongregate account to run them. More games are expected to join the service in the coming weeks.
Speaking about the downloadable additions, CEO and co-founder of Kongregate Jim Greer said that gamers "are looking for increasingly sophisticated games."
"Adding downloadable titles brings a new level of gaming to hardcore players looking for high-definition graphics with more options and content to select from," Greer said.
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- In the face of recent wins, Nintendo's lack of online functions is no longer forgivable
- This is the most accurate Pokémon trailer you'll ever watch
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth