DreamQuest Games' Alpha Colony Kickstarter campaign ended today $28 short of its $50,000 funding goal.
Posting to its Facebook page, the game's developer expressed disappointment at coming so close to meeting the goal only to have the project fall through because of $28. The statement read:
Thank you all for your support, but I am afraid that we came up $28 short. Kickstarter is very strict about their terms and our project will not be funded. Obviously, we are very disappointed. We have invested 10 months and over $60,000 of our own money into this project. It is so frustrating to come so close, but clearly there simply isn't that much interest in building the kind of game I envisioned.
I have already invested everything I have getting my dream this far (twice!) and now I must feed my family and focus on projects that will pay the bills. Thank you all for your support and help and I am sorry that we came up short. Perhaps we will try again at some future point once I have attended to my personal and team's immediate financial needs. I have been trying to build this game for almost 14 years so I doubt this is the end for Alpha Colony, but I do have to be responsible business owner and father and accept the reality of where we are at the moment and what the world wants.
Alpha Colony's Kickstarter campaign had raised $49,972 from 542 backers. The game was meant to be a mobile and PC spiritual sequel to M.U.L.E.
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- Ex-Silicon Knights dev sentenced in child pornography case, charged with sexual assault
- NIS America to make its GaymerX payment 'in full,' conference founder apologizes
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites