DreamQuest Games' Alpha Colony Kickstarter campaign ended today $28 short of its $50,000 funding goal.
Posting to its Facebook page, the game's developer expressed disappointment at coming so close to meeting the goal only to have the project fall through because of $28. The statement read:
Thank you all for your support, but I am afraid that we came up $28 short. Kickstarter is very strict about their terms and our project will not be funded. Obviously, we are very disappointed. We have invested 10 months and over $60,000 of our own money into this project. It is so frustrating to come so close, but clearly there simply isn't that much interest in building the kind of game I envisioned.
I have already invested everything I have getting my dream this far (twice!) and now I must feed my family and focus on projects that will pay the bills. Thank you all for your support and help and I am sorry that we came up short. Perhaps we will try again at some future point once I have attended to my personal and team's immediate financial needs. I have been trying to build this game for almost 14 years so I doubt this is the end for Alpha Colony, but I do have to be responsible business owner and father and accept the reality of where we are at the moment and what the world wants.
Alpha Colony's Kickstarter campaign had raised $49,972 from 542 backers. The game was meant to be a mobile and PC spiritual sequel to M.U.L.E.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Where to buy?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"
- On Patreon support
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here