The latest Pokemon Mystery Dungeon title for the Nintendo 3DS, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, is coming to North America on March 24, publisher Nintendo announced today.
Released in Japan as Magnagate & The Infinite Labyrinth, Gates to Infinity is the first Mystery Dungeon title to include online multiplayer via the 3DS WiFi connection. Nintendo has promised to share more information on the exact use and functionality soon.
Players can choose to play as Pokemon Pikachu, Snivy, Oshawott, Tepig or Axew as they trek through over 20 dungeons collecting treasure, fighting Pokemon and winning others into their circle of friendship. The labyrinthine dungeons of Gates to Infinity along with the nature and location of hidden goods and Pokemon encounters will change form each time players enters, making no two dungeon challenges alike.
Players can also collect "Magnagates" to open additional dungeons. Magnagates can be created by using the 3DS camera to scan real-world circular objects, which can then be used as keys to open extra labyrinths and challenges.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity will be available at retailers and on the Nintendo 3DS eShop.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer