Day Z creator Dean Hall has responded to the fervent fan questioning regarding his game's release date, saying the situation "depressed" him and writing on the Day Z Reddit forum that at one point he considered quitting game development altogether.
Hall wrote he has been "hammered " with questions regarding Day Z's release and interview requests. Hall and the rest of his development team have chosen to keep to themselves and focus on working on Day Z.
"From a personal standpoint, this whole 'saga' of the development made me seriously question if I wanted to be involved in the industry and I gave serious thought to cutting my losses and not being involved in the project," he wrote.
Hall wrote that at an Army Discharge medical examination earlier this week he was diagnosed with high blood pressure, his compromised health making him realize that "some things in life just aren't worth worrying about."
Hall promised that an update on the Day Z's progress is forthcoming.
"I realize that I went back on my word about releasing an update, but went back into my shell for a bit last week, and I'll come out when the dust is all settled," he added.
Currently the standalone version of Day Z is planned for an early 2013 release on PC.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?