The Steam Holiday Sale is now live and will run until Jan. 5, Valve announced this afternoon.
Every twelve hours, Steam users will be able to vote on which games should go on sale from a select group. The current round of voting asks players to choose one of three indie games to be sold at 75 percent off: Braid, Limbo or The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition.
Additionally, Valve now allows users to set up their Steam Wishlists with mobile and email notifications for when a game they want becomes a Daily Deal.
Today's special offers include Prince of Persia, Borderlands and Hitman franchise games at up to 75 percent off, Scribblenauts Unlimited for $19.99 at 33 percent off, Mirror's Edge for $4.99 at 75 percent off and Wargame: European Escalation for $9.99 at 75 percent off.
The current round of flash deals features Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition for $7.49, Fable 3 for $24.99, Intrusion 2 for $3.39, Natural Selection 2 for $9.99, Operation Flashpoint: Red River for $13.74 and War of the Roses for $14.99.
Steam also has special publisher bundles of games for 2K Games, Bethesda, Sega, Square Enix, THQ, Ubisoft and Valve, as well as an Indie Super Mega Pack including 30 popular indie titles for $69.99.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4