Star Trek, Digital Extremes' upcoming third-person action game based on J.J. Abrams' two Star Trek movies, is set for release April 23, 2013, co-publishers Namco Bandai and Paramount Digital Entertainment announced today.
That's a few weeks ahead of Abrams' upcoming Star Trek film, Star Trek Into Darkness, which hits theaters May 17. The game, which is penned by God of War series writer Marianne Krawczyk, takes place between his 2009 reboot, Star Trek, and Into Darkness.
Star Trek will be available at retail on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and digitally on PlayStation Network and PC. The physical console versions are now available for pre-order; doing so will net you the Elite Officer Pack (see image below), which comes with the following five sets of special uniforms and items for co-protagonists James T. Kirk (Christopher Pine) and Spock (Zachary Quinto):
- Stealth Pack: Kirk and Spock stealth uniforms, plus Starfleet Type IV Stealth Sniper Rifle and extra ammo
- Brawler Pack: Kirk leather jacket costume and Spock Vulcan Science Academy costume
- Kelvin Pack: Kirk and Spock U.S.S. Kelvin uniforms, plus U.S.S. Kelvin Hand Phaser
- Academy Pack: Kirk Academy Uniform, Spock Officer Dress Uniform, plus Academy Phaser
- Kobayashi Maru Pack: Kirk and Spock Kobayashi Maru uniforms
For more on Star Trek, read our preview from E3 2012 and check out two screenshots and the box art above.