Long-suffering Capcom fans hoping to see a new Ghosts 'n Goblins, a new Powerstone or simply a downloadable version of Resident Evil 2 for current and next-generation consoles can voice their opinions to Capcom, thanks to a newly published survey.
Capcom senior vice president Christian Svensson posted the survey to Capcom Unity today, asking fans to speak up on the downloadable titles they'd like to see Capcom focus on.
"There's no guarantees on what the outcomes will be, but I promise you, this data will be a factor in our decision making process," Svensson writes, stressing that the survey applies only to digital games, not retail games.
The survey asks users which console, computer and portable game devices they plan to purchase, including the next-generation PlayStation and Xbox platforms. Capcom then breaks down potential digital games into five categories: new, original IP, straight ports of classic games, high-definition remakes of classic games, franchise reboots and franchise extensions that use existing titles and characters in new ways.
"We're looking to gather data about your buying habits and what franchises and even title types you'd like us to make in the future."
Some of the potential franchises under consideration in the survey include dormant fan favorites like Strider, Powerstone, Dino Crisis, Breath of Fire and Final Fight. Series like Street Fighter, Mega Man, Resident Evil and Monster Hunter are also up for voting, and Capcom offers the option for write-ins, should fans want to lobby for a Black Tiger or Forgotten Worlds HD remake.
The potential remake and sequel options are occasionally interesting. For example, Capcom lists an updated HD port of Street Fighter Alpha 3 with extra characters as a possible option alongside an "HD Remix" of PSP game Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins and new extensions to the Resident Evil franchise (strategy, tactics and role-playing games).
Svensson says he'll be sharing the details of the survey with Capcom Japan "before the end of the year."
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Could Nintendo go third party?