The Game Developers Conference 2013 will introduce a Narrative Summit to run alongside both the Education and Localization Summits, which will be held during the conference on Monday and Tuesday, March 25-26, 2013.
The Game Narrative Summit will make its debut at GDC in San Francisco after spending the past seven years at GDC Online. It will contain talks ranging from interactive narrative in all kinds of games (AAA, indie, transmedia projects) to game design theory and morality.
One of the confirmed talks will be from Microsoft Game Studios' senior game designer, Richard Rouse III, with a talk titled 'Seven (Or So) Techniques For Writing A Moral Game'. The talk will cover areas such as ways writers can emphasize morality within their game world while working to the strengths of the medium, and ways moral themes can be integrated into gameplay systems.
The Narrative Summit's advisory board consists of Tom Abernathy of Microsoft Studios, Lev Chapelsky of Blindlight, Richard Dansky of Ubisoft/Redstorm, Mary DeMarle from Edios Montreal and Susan O'Connor from her own writing studio.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer