2 Player Productions's documentary Minecraft: The Story of Mojang, which chronicles the developer and its director Markus "Notch" Persson's rise to fame, will be available for sale globally beginning Sunday, Dec. 23 at 12 a.m. ET, 2 Player announced today.
DVD copies of the documentary will be available through Fangamer. The film will cost $20, and buyers who snag one of the first 7,000 copies will also receive a limited-edition "dirt brown" case, a reversible cover featuring unique artwork and a code for a free copy of the movie in 720p.
Digital and streaming versions will also be available through the film's official website for $8.
A special free premiere screening of Minecraft: The Story of Mojang will be held through Xbox Live exclusively for Gold members on Saturday, Dec. 22 at 8 p.m. ET.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Tekken X Street Fighter is still in the works, so 'please relax'