Wonderstruck, a team of developers formerly of Lionhead, Ubisoft, Sony and Electronic Arts, announced their debut title: an island-survival game called Polycraft.
Polycraft is an HTML5 browser-based game. After being stranded on a mysterious island, players must create a new life for themselves and defend against the island's inhabitants. Structures, walls and towers can be built with gatherable resources.
The game is currently in pre-alpha for anyone to play. According to Wonderstruck, the pre-alpha is "a small sample of what we plan to include in the future," and all current in-game art is merely a placeholder for a 2013 facelift.
Pre-alpha players should also know that when the game receives an update, the team may need to delete save files; in the case of purchases made, players will get Amber back for every new version. Additionally, players who make purchases during the alpha will earn special privileges as VIPs in future releases.
You can play the Polycraft pre-alpha here. Players can sign in as a guest or create an account to play with friends, collect badges, compete in leaderboards and more.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer