Family Guy Online, a massively multiplayer online game based on the TV series, will be closing down for good come Jan. 18, 2013 and all real-money purchases made within the last 60 days will be refunded.
Fox recently announced that the free-to-play MMO, which is currently in public beta, will not be leaving beta. Instead, the game will permanently close on Jan. 18, 2013. All real-money purchases made in the game between Oct. 22, 2012 and Dec. 21, 2012 will be refunded in early January. Purchases made by credit card or PayPal will be automatically refunded into users' accounts, purchases made using an Ultimate Game Card will be refunded in the form of a new Ultimate Game Card of the equivalent value and purchases made with other forms of payment will be sent Ultimate Game Card codes.
Full details on the refund process can be viewed here.
We have contacted the publisher of Family Guy Online for comment.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!