Forza Horizon's next set of downloadable cars, the January Recaro Car Pack, will start off 2013 with a unique variety of vehicles when it launches Jan. 1 for 400 Microsoft Points ($5), Microsoft and co-developer Turn 10 Studios announced yesterday.
Three cars from the past year lead the pack: the 2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV, Lotus Exige S and Lexus LFA Nürburgring Edition. The next newest Recaro car is the 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR, a 617-horsepower beast. Going further back in time, we have the 1995 Ford Mustang Cobra R, which required a valid racing license to own. And rounding out the DLC pack is a rarity in a high-speed racing game: a van, the 1983 GMC Vandura G-1500. Just don't bring it near a schoolyard.
The Recaro Car Pack will be available free to owners of the Forza Horizon Season Pass, who will receive a bonus seventh car, the 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster. Check out a trailer for the DLC above.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)