If you're one of the millions of middling Black Ops 2 players and you're looking to up your game, its design director at Treyarch, David Vonderhaar, offered tips for building a custom class to Official PlayStation Magazine UK.
Vonderhaar built a defensive loadout for a large, open map, but included some tweaks to allow for viability in close-quarters firefights. He began with a reliable assault rifle, the SCAR-H or Type 25, and added two attachments: Extended Clip for extra ammo, and Select Fire for choosing between burst fire (long-range) and full auto (close-range).
"You need to be super-flexible within a single map," said Vonderhaar.
Then he picked a B23R pistol as a secondary weapon and chose Trophy System — which eliminates enemy projectiles within 10 meters — as his Tactical item. The Tier 1 perk Flak Jacket offers protection from explosive damage, while Tactical Mask, a Tier 3 perk, negates tactical weapons. Vonderhaar rounded out his class with the Danger Close Wildcard, which allowed him to bring along two sets of lethal grenades.
It's a versatile loadout with defensive abilities to back up increased offensive firepower. According to Vonderhaar, "This is a great loadout for capture the flag if you're a defender, as it boasts both flexibility and range."
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- Rogue Legacy survival guide: How to keep that family tree growing
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game