Animal Crossing: New Leaf, sold two million copies in its first two months of release, making it the first Nintendo 3DS title to ever crack the two million mark, Japanese games industry magazine Famitsu reports via Tiny Cartridge.
The game has sold 2.1 million units, which puts it ahead of other 3DS titles like Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3G, and New Super Mario Bros. 2. The sales for Animal Crossing: New Leaf also eclipse those of the best-selling PlayStation 3 game — Final Fantasy 13, which sold 1.9 million copies in Japan.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf still falls behind the best-selling game on the Nintendo Wii — New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which sold 4.4 million copies in Japan.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us