Animal Crossing: New Leaf, sold two million copies in its first two months of release, making it the first Nintendo 3DS title to ever crack the two million mark, Japanese games industry magazine Famitsu reports via Tiny Cartridge.
The game has sold 2.1 million units, which puts it ahead of other 3DS titles like Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3G, and New Super Mario Bros. 2. The sales for Animal Crossing: New Leaf also eclipse those of the best-selling PlayStation 3 game — Final Fantasy 13, which sold 1.9 million copies in Japan.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf still falls behind the best-selling game on the Nintendo Wii — New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which sold 4.4 million copies in Japan.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???