Animal Crossing: New Leaf, sold two million copies in its first two months of release, making it the first Nintendo 3DS title to ever crack the two million mark, Japanese games industry magazine Famitsu reports via Tiny Cartridge.
The game has sold 2.1 million units, which puts it ahead of other 3DS titles like Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3G, and New Super Mario Bros. 2. The sales for Animal Crossing: New Leaf also eclipse those of the best-selling PlayStation 3 game — Final Fantasy 13, which sold 1.9 million copies in Japan.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf still falls behind the best-selling game on the Nintendo Wii — New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which sold 4.4 million copies in Japan.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction