Animal Crossing: New Leaf, sold two million copies in its first two months of release, making it the first Nintendo 3DS title to ever crack the two million mark, Japanese games industry magazine Famitsu reports via Tiny Cartridge.
The game has sold 2.1 million units, which puts it ahead of other 3DS titles like Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3G, and New Super Mario Bros. 2. The sales for Animal Crossing: New Leaf also eclipse those of the best-selling PlayStation 3 game — Final Fantasy 13, which sold 1.9 million copies in Japan.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf still falls behind the best-selling game on the Nintendo Wii — New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which sold 4.4 million copies in Japan.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Game development
- Getting a PS4