Animal Crossing: New Leaf, sold two million copies in its first two months of release, making it the first Nintendo 3DS title to ever crack the two million mark, Japanese games industry magazine Famitsu reports via Tiny Cartridge.
The game has sold 2.1 million units, which puts it ahead of other 3DS titles like Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3G, and New Super Mario Bros. 2. The sales for Animal Crossing: New Leaf also eclipse those of the best-selling PlayStation 3 game — Final Fantasy 13, which sold 1.9 million copies in Japan.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf still falls behind the best-selling game on the Nintendo Wii — New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which sold 4.4 million copies in Japan.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)