Finnish Lego enthusiast and blogger "Pate-Keetongu" has recreated BioShock's infamous Big Daddy in Lego form, detailing the construction process on his personal blog Cyclopic Bricks.
"Pate-Keetongu" chose to build this Lego MOC (which stands for "My Own Creation," a Lego structure built from various parts and without pre-made blueprints) because the Big Daddy "fulfills all the requirements of coolness: Old scuba suit feel, big drill hand, stubby hunchback look and steampunk feel."
The body is built of pieces from the Lego Exo-Force flying mecha sets, and the arms use ball joints and are movable. For the the builder used a "Big ball" or "Tectonic ball" piece, which is held onto the body with the bricks and tubes around it. The Big Daddy's hand drill is a piece of the classic Rock Raiders sets from the late 1990s.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap (update)
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- Borderlands PC multiplayer and DLC, lost with the GameSpy shutdown, is on its way back