UK video game retailer GAME listed the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot as having a multiplayer component, but appears to have taken down the information as of the time of this posting, reports All Games Beta.
"Survive as a Team: Play a variety of multiplayer modes as Lara's Shipmates or Yamatai's Scavengers," read the line of text in the game's description, according to AGB.
The listing no longer mentions multiplayer, instead noting the game's claim to 44 show awards at E3 2012.
Developer Crystal Dynamics teased a "special secret announcement" that will "change the way you play Tomb Raider forever" in a trailer released in late November, hinting that the announcement would be made soon.
Polygon has reached out to publisher Square Enix for comment and will update this story with more information as we have it.
Tomb Raider will be released on March 5 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Update: Multiplayer modes for Tomb Raider were confirmed by Official Xbox Magazine in a tweet announcing details in the publication's February 2013 issue.
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- The Titanfall for Vita that wasn't and the decision that changed its name
- PS3 bundled with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 for $269 at Walmart
- Meet the gay soldier you didn't know was in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City