Players who pre-order Dead Space 3 at Amazon or GameStop will receive a boost to their Necromorph-killing skills with exclusive weapons, publisher Electronic Arts announced today.
The deadly equipment is a bonus atop the game's existing Limited Edition, which comes with two suits of armor and two weapons and applies to all pre-orders.
GameStop pre-orders include the EG-900 SMG, a submachine gun that features an internal hyper-accelerator. Amazon pre-order customers will get a more exotic weapon: the Tesla Enervator, which electrocutes its targets and destabilizes them at a molecular level. If those don't sound particularly exciting, don't worry: Dead Space 3 players will be free to modify existing weapons and craft their own.
Dead Space 3 is set for release on Feb. 5 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. According to story producer Chuck Beaver, the game will finally explain "huge chunks of lore."
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- The Swapper coming to Wii U later this year