An upcoming alternate reality game tied into Funcom's The Secret World MMO will take place in the run-up to a Dec. 21 "cataclysmic event," according to a press release from the developer.
"Mankind has been warned," the press release reads. "On December 21st there will be a cataclysmic event that marks the end of time as we know it. It is time to prepare."
The ARG, which is "set in and around The Secret World universe", does not require an active account for participation. It is, however, timed to coincide with the Mayan apocalypse, an event for which all good survivalists have been stocking up on canned goods, may correlate with in-game events. The game will begin "in a few days," according to the press release.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- There is a human inside this insane Metal Gear cosplay