Fez, developer Polytron's faux 2D, faux side-scrolling platformer released earlier this year exclusively on Xbox 360, is headed to other gaming platforms in 2013, according to a post by designer Phil Fish on the developer's website.
In a post called "State of the Polytron" published today, Fish takes a look back on 2012, concludes that it was "crazy," and filled with "abyssal lows, but also life-affirming highs." And Fish hopes to contribute a bit of craziness to 2013, starting with Fez.
"For one, Fez will finally be ported to other platforms," he wrote.
"Yes, I've heard you, dozens of people emailing me everyday telling me how much of an idiot I am for not porting Fez to everything."
Though he stops short of naming platforms or timeframes, he also said that the studio has plans for the game's soundtrack and again referenced "a couple of new games in the pipeline, of course."
Be sure to check out our review of Fez, a game with "plenty of treasures to be found."
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?