Mutant Mudds, an upcoming Wii U title from developer Renegade Kid, will launch on the new Nintendo console in Q1 of 2013, studio co-founder Jools Watsham announced on Twitter.
Mutant Mudds stars 2D hero Max, who's tasked with destroying the invading Mudds. The 12-bit styled platformer was first released Nintendo 3DS in January and on PC a few months later in August. Watsham announced the release of a Wii U version of the game, titled Mutant Mudds Deluxe, in September.
Watsham previously revealed that studio Renegade Kid is now an authorized Wii U developer, as profits from Steam sales have "the potential of bringing some much needed funds into Renegade Kid, which will go straight into the development of games," he said. " ... I would like to put the majority of our future development efforts into the 3DS eShop and Wii U eShop titles."
An iOS version is scheduled to hit this week, containing the original title's 40 levels and an additional 20 extra hard stages of DLC.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Fan-made Smash Bros. has better characters