Mutant Mudds, an upcoming Wii U title from developer Renegade Kid, will launch on the new Nintendo console in Q1 of 2013, studio co-founder Jools Watsham announced on Twitter.
Mutant Mudds stars 2D hero Max, who's tasked with destroying the invading Mudds. The 12-bit styled platformer was first released Nintendo 3DS in January and on PC a few months later in August. Watsham announced the release of a Wii U version of the game, titled Mutant Mudds Deluxe, in September.
Watsham previously revealed that studio Renegade Kid is now an authorized Wii U developer, as profits from Steam sales have "the potential of bringing some much needed funds into Renegade Kid, which will go straight into the development of games," he said. " ... I would like to put the majority of our future development efforts into the 3DS eShop and Wii U eShop titles."
An iOS version is scheduled to hit this week, containing the original title's 40 levels and an additional 20 extra hard stages of DLC.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance