Mutant Mudds, an upcoming Wii U title from developer Renegade Kid, will launch on the new Nintendo console in Q1 of 2013, studio co-founder Jools Watsham announced on Twitter.
Mutant Mudds stars 2D hero Max, who's tasked with destroying the invading Mudds. The 12-bit styled platformer was first released Nintendo 3DS in January and on PC a few months later in August. Watsham announced the release of a Wii U version of the game, titled Mutant Mudds Deluxe, in September.
Watsham previously revealed that studio Renegade Kid is now an authorized Wii U developer, as profits from Steam sales have "the potential of bringing some much needed funds into Renegade Kid, which will go straight into the development of games," he said. " ... I would like to put the majority of our future development efforts into the 3DS eShop and Wii U eShop titles."
An iOS version is scheduled to hit this week, containing the original title's 40 levels and an additional 20 extra hard stages of DLC.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'