Ubisoft's Far Cry 3 is getting co-op downloadable content exclusive to the game's PlayStation 3 version in January, Ubisoft Massive announced today on the PlayStation Blog.
The High Tides pack includes two new chapters for Far Cry 3's co-op modes, "Jailbreak" and "Redemption." The storyline picks up at the end of the game's first six co-op chapters, and will walk players through the group's "final moments" as they attempt to escape the island once and for all, according to Massive writer Meghan Watt.
High Tides includes new missions, more challenging battles and "some great up-close time with your favorite characters."
"These new chapters feature the culmination of all the hard work we've put into the main co-op campaign," wrote Watt. "They're truly the best of the best."
Far Cry 3 releases today in North America for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
- The amazing real-world Assassin's Creed Unity parkour run and how it was created
- The new Unreal Tournament looks incredible, see it in motion
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free
- Titanfall getting in-game currency in update 5, coming July 31 with Frontier's Edge map pack