Crystal Dynamics' upcoming Tomb Raider reboot has more of a survivalist theme than previous entries in the franchise, and it's on display in 12 fiery screenshots released by publisher Square Enix today.
Previous demos we've played included environmental exploration in which Lara Croft encountered animals both docile and vicious on the island she's trapped on. Tomb Raider features a young Croft who's still developing her survival skills; hunting deer and fighting off wolves is key to staying alive on the island. A torch can be used as a weapon or exploration tool, but when flames engulf man-made structures, it compounds the threat represented by the thugs who have captured her friends.
Tomb Raider is set for release on March 5, 2013, on Windows PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- Towerfall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- Prepare to run Dark Souls 2 with the PC version's system requirements