Welcome to our latest video series, Today I Played.
For your entertainment, we have captured one writer's experience of playing a new game for a day straight. Since we respect your time, we've condensed this madness to four minutes.
This episode's game is Far Cry 3, in which we explored the dangerous Rook Islands as a pretty white kid from Southern California. It's one of those stories in which a Westernized dude is turned into a tribal tattoo-sporting psychopath. Like Apocalypse Now. Or a reversed Encino Man.
Far Cry 3 is an unusual beast, more hunting game than traditional first-person shooter. You hunt goats, boars and tapirs. You also hunt the most dangerous game: tigers! Also, man.
While these videos show scenes from the beginning third of the game, we have refrained from including major plot spoilers. Please let us know what you think of Today I Played and Far Cry 3 in the comments.
More from Polygon
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28