Welcome to our latest video series, Today I Played.
For your entertainment, we have captured one writer's experience of playing a new game for a day straight. Since we respect your time, we've condensed this madness to four minutes.
This episode's game is Far Cry 3, in which we explored the dangerous Rook Islands as a pretty white kid from Southern California. It's one of those stories in which a Westernized dude is turned into a tribal tattoo-sporting psychopath. Like Apocalypse Now. Or a reversed Encino Man.
Far Cry 3 is an unusual beast, more hunting game than traditional first-person shooter. You hunt goats, boars and tapirs. You also hunt the most dangerous game: tigers! Also, man.
While these videos show scenes from the beginning third of the game, we have refrained from including major plot spoilers. Please let us know what you think of Today I Played and Far Cry 3 in the comments.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- XBOne Classifieds
- Getting a PS4
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- I have 1 dribbble invite