Welcome to our latest video series, Today I Played.
For your entertainment, we have captured one writer's experience of playing a new game for a day straight. Since we respect your time, we've condensed this madness to four minutes.
This episode's game is Far Cry 3, in which we explored the dangerous Rook Islands as a pretty white kid from Southern California. It's one of those stories in which a Westernized dude is turned into a tribal tattoo-sporting psychopath. Like Apocalypse Now. Or a reversed Encino Man.
Far Cry 3 is an unusual beast, more hunting game than traditional first-person shooter. You hunt goats, boars and tapirs. You also hunt the most dangerous game: tigers! Also, man.
While these videos show scenes from the beginning third of the game, we have refrained from including major plot spoilers. Please let us know what you think of Today I Played and Far Cry 3 in the comments.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)