Firefall developer Red 5 Studios has now added European servers to the game, enabling players in the region to try out the MMO first-person shooter during the beta period scheduled for this weekend, Dec. 7-9, the company announced today.
Red 5 performed a successful "dark launch" in Europe during last weekend's beta period, and said today "the European servers are now live, stable and ready for additional testing" this weekend.
"We still expect some kinks as the stress-testing continues," said Red 5 CEO Mark Kern, "but overall, performance should be significantly improved with less lag for European players." With servers in the region, they should be able to play with much lower latency.
- Boss Encounters: Take on the powerful "Baneclaw" behind the Melding
- Chosen Warfront: Fight back the Chosen invasion before key areas are lost
- New Encounters: Rebuild crashed Thumpers, race LGVs, discover new areas and missions
Firefall is in development for Windows PCs and set for release in 2013.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer