A new server-side update to Battlefield 3 allows server administrators to choose between various progressions for the Gun Master mode, which debuted in this June's Close Quarters expansion, developer EA DICE announced recently.
The update launched on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 last week, and this past Sunday on PC.
The following options are now available in addition to the default configuration: Normal Reversed; Light Weight (personal defense weapons); Heavy Gear (larger machine guns and C4); Pistols Only; Snipers Heaven (sniper rifles and the crossbow); and US Arms Race, RU Arms Race and EU Arms Race, all of which feature weapons manufactured only in the respective regions.
In addition, the update allows PC players to use Battlefield 3's quick match functionality to find Hardcore and Infantry Only games, and fixes an exploit in which players took turns disarming M-COM devices to boost their score unfairly. And games that drop below four players will now return to the pre-round state.
Finally, the patch that launched on consoles last week, fixing numerous bugs and rebalancing weapons, is now available on PC as well.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones