A new server-side update to Battlefield 3 allows server administrators to choose between various progressions for the Gun Master mode, which debuted in this June's Close Quarters expansion, developer EA DICE announced recently.
The update launched on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 last week, and this past Sunday on PC.
The following options are now available in addition to the default configuration: Normal Reversed; Light Weight (personal defense weapons); Heavy Gear (larger machine guns and C4); Pistols Only; Snipers Heaven (sniper rifles and the crossbow); and US Arms Race, RU Arms Race and EU Arms Race, all of which feature weapons manufactured only in the respective regions.
In addition, the update allows PC players to use Battlefield 3's quick match functionality to find Hardcore and Infantry Only games, and fixes an exploit in which players took turns disarming M-COM devices to boost their score unfairly. And games that drop below four players will now return to the pre-round state.
Finally, the patch that launched on consoles last week, fixing numerous bugs and rebalancing weapons, is now available on PC as well.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- Rogue Legacy survival guide: How to keep that family tree growing
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game