Musical platformer Sound Shapes gets three new sound packs today, expanding the game's rich composing tools with acoustic sounds, drum kits and chippy 8-bit bleeps and bloops.
In addition to those sound packs, each of which carry a $0.99 price tag and include five new instruments, five new Beat School levels and five new Trophies, the Sound Shapes team released a new Curved Terrain Pack for free today. The new terrain pack offers smooth and curved platforms for creating custom levels and is "key for some future DLC," according to a post on the PlayStation Blog.
Sound Shapes' creators tease additional downloadable content including a "holiday present" from developer Queasy Games and a new vehicle pack hitting in 2013.
Here are the details on what's new for Sound Shapes on PlayStation 3 and PS Vita today.
- Acoustic Sound Pack ($0.99)
Bring some clean analog tones to your game with five new acoustic instruments. Strum and pick a masterpiece with the guitars, dance across the ivories on the piano or thumb the unique sounds of the kalimba.
- Drum Kits Sound Pack ($0.99)
This pack is all about rhythm. Snares, hi-hats, toms, and more let you groove to everything from a cool jazz backdrop to a driving rock beat. There's even an electronic kit for some 80′s hip-hop style jams if that's more your style.
- 8-Bit Sound Pack ($0.99)
Compose in the key of chiptune with bleeps, bloops, and other classic game sounds. It's more than just chiptunes as you'll get modern electronic synths, bass lines, and loops too. A variety packed pack for sure!
- Curved Terrain Pack (free download)
This one's for the platforming fans out there. Bend, stretch and shape curves to add smooth surfaces to your smooth beats. Many of you have been waiting for this, and it's free today. (It's also key for some future DLC, but we'll keep that a surprise for now.)
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- Lindsay Lohan lawsuit against GTA 5 publisher was 'for publicity,' says court documents
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)