Six Japanese imports from the original PlayStation will become available on PlayStation Network as PSone Classics for $5.99 apiece, courtesy of publisher GungHo Online Entertainment, the company announced today.
The games will be sold intact in their original Japanese forms, not localized for the West. Here's the full list:
- Art Camion Sugorokuden: a board game based on the Japanese subculture of dekotora ("art trucks")
- Finger Flashing: fend off monsters with combat resembling rock, paper, scissors
- Lup Salad: a match-3 puzzle game
- Makeruna Makendo 2: a fighting game with magic attacks that was originally released on the Super Famicom
- Vehicle Cavalier: customize the mechs of eight different characters in this vehicular combat game
- Zanac x Zanac: a compilation of the original Zanac, a vertical shoot-'em-up that launched on the MSX and was ported to the NES, and its sequel, Zanac Neo
According to Antonio Cara, community coordinator at GungHo Online, you don't need to be able to understand Japanese in order to enjoy most of the games, although Vehicle Cavalier is rather text-heavy. The imports are playable on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable, but not on PlayStation Vita.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell