The Nintendo 3DS received an unexpected update today that is meant to usher in "Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience." A similar update was released today for the Wii U.
Earlier today the Wii U received an unexpected system update (2.1.0 U) that promised the same improvements as the 3DS update. It took Polygon approximately an hour to download the update and we noticed no major changes to the Wii U's behavior.
The 3DS firmware update is Version 4.5.0-10U and is currently available for download. The update does not appear to introduce any major changes, with some users reporting that applications on the handheld console seem to be loading faster than before.
Nintendo of Europe will be hosting a Nintendo Direct tomorrow on Dec. 5, 12 p.m. ET to detail games for the Wii U and 3DS. Nintendo of Europe president Satoru Shibata will host the segment. Nintendo of America will air a video segment at the same time.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song